Today we are going to discuss the most demanded topic which is the top luxurious trains in India. Feel the luxury with us. Read Below about the top 7 trains.
- The Deccan Odyssey
- Maharaja’s Express
- Palace on Wheels
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
- The Golden Chariot
- The Royal Orient
- Fairy Queen
1. The Deccan Odyssey – luxurious trains in India
The blue limousine on rail tracks, the Deccan Odyssey offers six exclusive packages throughout India including Indian tourist hotspots, Deccan sights, Maharashtra, Gujarat, etc. in 11 coaches which include Presidential and Deluxe coaches and has onboard wi-fi.
Each coach is elegantly designed in the style of the Deccan dynasty such as Kadamba Hoysala, Chalukya, etc, and comes equipped with a personal attendant, air conditioning, and an attached bathroom. You get opulent dining halls, bar, lounge, conference area, and spa services.
- Tariff for 2020-2021 (single occupancy): INR 4,71,380 for Deluxe Suite & INR 10,20,880 for Presidential Suite per journey.
- Duration of the journey: 7 Nights/8 Days.
Itineraries of the Deccan Odyssey
- Maharashtra Splendor: Mumbai – Nashik – Ellora Cave – Ajanta Caves – Kolhapur – Goa – Ratnagiri – Mumbai
- Indian Odyssey: New Delhi – Sawai Madhopur – Agra – Jaipur – Udaipur – Vadodara – Ellora Caves – Mumbai
- Jewels of the Deccan: Mumbai – Bijapur – Aihole & Pattadakal – Hampi – Hyderabad – Ellora Caves – Ajanta Caves – Mumbai
- Maharashtra Wild Trail: Mumbai – Ellora Caves – Aurangabad – Pench (Ramtek) – Tadoba – Ajanta – Nashik – Mumbai
- Hidden Treasures of Gujarat: Mumbai – Vadodara – Palitana – Sasan Gir & Somnath – Little Rann of Kutch – Modhera & Patan – Nashik – Mumbai
- Indian Sojourn: Mumbai – Vadodara – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Agra – Sawai Madhopur – Jaipur – Delhi
2. Maharaja’s Express
Dining Room inside the Maharaja’s Express
An award-winning train, which is one of the world’s most luxurious trains in India the Maharaja’s Express plies across 5 tour circuits including heritage sites of northern Indian cities including Agra Delhi, Jaipur, and Ranthambore as well as two routes covering heritage sites of the south like Hampi, Mahabalipuram, Kerala, etc.
It has presidential, express, junior express and deluxe express suites all fit for royalty. Plush cabins and beautifully decorated lounge bars and restaurants add a special charm to the journeys which depending on the itinerary can be two to eight days long.
- Tariff for 2020-2021: Deluxe Cabin – INR 4,51,540; Junior Suite – INR 7,04,370; Suite – INR 9,82,840; Presidential Suite – 16,87,920.
- Duration: 6Nights/7Days.
Itinerary of Maharaja Express
- Indian Splendor: Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Bikaner – Jodhpur – Udaipur – Mumbai
- Indian Panorama: Delhi – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Fatehpur Sikri – Agra – Orchha – Khajuraho – Varanasi – Delhi
- Heritage of India: Mumbai – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Bikaner – Jaipur – Ranthambore – Agra – Delhi
- Treasures of India: Delhi – Agra – Ranthambore – Jaipur – Delhi
3. Palace on Wheels
Dining The lounge in Palace of Wheels
A fantastic route to visit India’s most popular tourist destinations aboard a palatial train, Palace on Wheels luxury train in India covers the best of Rajasthan, Delhi, Goa, heritage sites, tiger reserves, spa destinations, Kerala, Agra, Mumbai among others.
The coaches were once the favorites of princes and royalty of Rajasthan, Gujarat the Nizams, and British echelons. The train has two resto-bars, an ayurvedic spa, and a gym. It is among the top luxurious trains in India
Tariff for Peak Season (October 2020 to March 2021): Single– INR 64,600 per person/night; Double- INR48,620 per person/night; Super Deluxe suite- INR 1,34,640 per suite/night
Tariff for Lean Season (September 2020 – April 2021):Single– INR 48,620 per person/night; Double- INR 37,400 per person/night; Super Deluxe suite- INR 1,00,980 per suite/night
Duration: 7 Nights/ 8 Days.
- Itinerary: New Delhi (Day 1) – Jaipur
- .Day 2 – Sawai Madhopur and Chittaurgarh
- 3 – Udaipur
- 4 – Jaisalmer
- 5 – Jodhpur
- .6 – Bharatpur and Agra
- Day 7 – New Delhi (Day 9)
4. Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
Room on the Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
Similar to Palace on Wheels, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels covers the Rajasthan Circuit, including Varanasi, Agra, Delhi, and Temples of Khajuraho. Spacious and richly decorated cabins in hues of pearl, ruby, and sapphire, deluxe and super deluxe cabins with dining lounges and bars with crystal decorations are the highlights of the train. The Internet is also available on Train. It is among the top luxurious trains in India
Tariff for Peak Season: Deluxe Cabin On Single Occupancy – INR
3,63,300; Deluxe Cabin on Double Occupancy INR 5,46,000;
Super Deluxe Cabin On Single Occupancy – INR 7,56,000;
Super Deluxe Cabin On Double Occupancy – INR 7,56,000
Duration: 7 Nights/8Days
Itinerary of Royal Rajasthan on Wheels: New Delhi Day 1 – Jaipur Day 2 – Ranthambore Jungle & Chittor Fort Day 3 – Udaipur Day 4 – Jaisalmer Day 5 – Jodhpur Day 6 – Bharatpur & Agra Day 7 – New Delhi Day 8
5. The Golden Chariot
The Golden Chariot
Two curated itineraries that take you through the best of the south, The Golden Chariot luxury train in India is an exquisitely furnished and designed train that covers destinations like Bangalore, Badami, Bandipur, Mysore, Hampi, sights of Tamil Nadu and Kerala. The name is inspired by the Golden Chariot of Hampi, a destination on the itinerary.
Coaches resemble the living quarters of royalty and kings, while amenities include fully equipped cabins with LCD TVs writing desks, wardrobes, attached bathrooms, a personal attendant, and a multi-cuisine restaurant with the finest wines in the train bar that is styled after the Mysore Palace. There is a gym also and a spa onboard. It is among the top luxurious trains in India
Tariff for the Golden Chariot:
Single occupancy – INR 87247 per person/night; Double Occupancy – INR 49855 per person/night
Duration: 7 Days/6 Nights
Itinerary: Bengaluru – Bandipur – Mysore – Halebidu – Chikamgaluru – Hampi – Badami – Goa – Bengaluru
6. The Royal Orient – luxurious trains in India
The Royal Orient
Modeled after the Palace on Wheels, The Royal Orient covers major tourist destinations in Gujarat and Rajasthan including Delhi, Udaipur, Junagadh, Palitana, Ahmedabad, and Jaipur. The itinerary includes jungle safaris in Gir, shopping sprees, and heritage visits in Rajasthan, Delhi, and Gujarat. It is among the top luxurious trains in India
Coaches are named after kings of the Rajputana dynasty, opulent and rich with amenities like a library, bar, and multi-cuisine restaurants offering Gujarati, Rajasthani, Indian and continental cuisines.
- Tariff: INR 9,000 to INR 24,000 per day
- Duration: 7 Nights/8Days
- Itinerary: Delhi – Chittorgarh/Udaipur -Junagarh/Veraval- Sasan Gir/Dilwara – Palitana- Sarkhej- Ahmedabad- Jaipur- Delhi
7. Fairy Queen – Luxurious trains in India
This is a luxury heritage train, one of the oldest functioning steam locomotives. The coaches with reclining chairs can accommodate up to 50 people. The train runs a two-day trip from Delhi to Alwar in Rajasthan and Sariska Tiger Reserve.No One gets to spend a night aboard this train but travelers are booked in a hotel in Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary.
Also breakfast, tea, lunch, and dinner are provided onboard or at hotels. The special experience while riding the world’s oldest steam locomotive is altogether memorable. It is among the top luxurious trains in India
- Tariff: Rs 12,375
- Duration: 1 Night/ 2 Days
- Itinerary: Delhi – Alwar – Sariska- Alwar – Delhi
Which is the most luxurious train in India?
Palace on Wheels. Our top most luxurious train in India is the Palace on Wheels.
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels.
The Deccan Odyssey.
What do you get in Luxurious trains in India?
Unlike air travel, travelers on a luxury train may observe the local landscape, social and economic situations, and a rainbow of colors while traveling. Luxury trains, unlike airplanes, are roomy and have restaurants and bars, as well as luxurious sleeping and dining facilities and restrooms. Here we have listed the most luxurious trains in India.
What are the top 10 luxurious trains in India?
Here are the top 10 luxurious trains in India-
Palace on Wheels
The Deccan Odyssey
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels